Nerazzurri World

Nerazzurri World
Inter Milan Fans Worldwide's New Home

Inter is in our souls, if you cut us we bleed black and blue!!!

My photo
This is my blog for all fans of the mighty Nerazzurri. In this blog there are posts on match previews, match reports and interviews, any views expressed in this blog are my opinions and as such are not endorsed by Inter or anyone connected with Inter Milan football club.

Saturday 12 March 2011

Leonardo & Nagatomo speak about Fridays disaster in Japan


After the game against Brescia the post match press conference with Leonardo touched on the tragic earthquake & tsunami that struck Japan earlier on Friday, also Inter's Japanese wingback Nagatomo thanks the club, players and fans for their support at this hard time.









Leonardo




"We decided to play with black armbands to express our solidarity with this country that has been hit by a terrible disaster, and Brescia followed suit immediately."
"It was a small gesture, even if it comes to nothing. So often we talk about football as if it were the most important thing in the world and then tragedies like this bring us back down to earth. Maybe I got the substitutions wrong tonight, but when you see pictures like that, everything falls back, everything else goes into the background... I hope that this natural phenomenon stops as soon as possible. Words can't express what you can't understand in a land I know very well and which I feel very close to."

Nagatomo





"I would like to thank you all: club, team-mates, and fans, who at this difficult time have expressed your solidarity with me and with all of Japan. I am so grateful for the sentiments you have expressed towards me."
"My family are terrified but they are all well." Yuto Nagatomo reassured everyone on Inter Channel at the end of a match which he admitted left him with "a bitter taste in my mouth, but that's football. Now we need to concentrate on the future."

On behalf of all my fellow Interista I would like to send our condolences, thoughts & prayers to all the people of Japan and the friends and families of everyone in the country when this horrific disaster struck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: