Nerazzurri World

Nerazzurri World
Inter Milan Fans Worldwide's New Home

Inter is in our souls, if you cut us we bleed black and blue!!!

My photo
This is my blog for all fans of the mighty Nerazzurri. In this blog there are posts on match previews, match reports and interviews, any views expressed in this blog are my opinions and as such are not endorsed by Inter or anyone connected with Inter Milan football club.

Friday 18 March 2011

Eto'o Foundation evening & Lucio denies wanting to return to Bayern

From Didier Drogba to Valeria Marini, Jarno Trulli to Isabella Aragonese, Massimo Moratti to Adriano Galliani - who only met long enough to shake each other's hands. In total, around 350 footballers and other celebrities from sport and show business attended the charity evening organised by Samuel Eto'o's foundation to raise funds for a paediatric wing at Laquinitie Hospital in Cameroon.
First the gala dinner, then Andrea Bocelli's performance on stage, and afterwards a series of auctions, hosted by Paolo Bonolis, of collectors' items: from Usain Bolt's shoes to the shirt worn by Eto'o in last season's Champions League final and the one worn by Marco Materazzi at the 2006 World Cup, to the ball signed by all the Inter players, who were in attendance at the event held in Milan this evening.
"My foundation is my life," explained Eto'o. "My continent, Africa, is different. It hasn't had the same fortune as others. Unlike other kids I've been fortunate enough to become a footballer. Football has given me everything and I feel I have to do something to help others."

After two years in Italy, the Cameroonian has realised it is the gateway to Europe from Africa. "I understand how desperate these people who emigrate are, and I must say thank you to Italy because it has held out its hands to help," he continued. "And I know it is difficult, with the current economic crisis, to accept others who are seeking a better future.

Also after various rumours since Inter's victory at Bayern, Lucio confirms his loyalty to the Nerazzurri

"I never said I wanted to return to Bayern Munich, only that in football anything is possible and that if, at some point in the future, Inter no longer required my services, and Bayern did, I would consider going back to Germany." At the gala evening organised for Samuel Eto'o's charity, Lucio clarified what he was reported by Sport Bild as having said about his future: "Now I'm part of this team, my family and I are happy here in Milan; there's no reason to look elsewhere. If it were up to me, I'd stay here. All I'm saying is that the choice may not depend only on me, as it wasn't my choice to leave Bayern. My heart is here, with Inter, but obviously whether I stay or not doesn't depend solely on me."
Then, looking ahead to tomorrow's Champions League draw in Nyon, Lucio declared that "We are the best team but we still have to keep working, as we did against Bayern Munich, fighting and believing in ourselves. After the draw we'll start getting ready to face our opponents, but we can't say it would be better or worse to end up with Real Madrid, Barcelona or any other side."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: